Terms & Conditions
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
This Website, all the materials and books and services, included on or otherwise made available to You through this site are provided on “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, thestrangerbooks does not warrant that:
- This Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
thestrangerbooks will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. thestrangerbooks does not warrant that this site; information, Content, materials, book or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Nothing on Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order on the Website. By registering Your phone number with us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls and/or SMS notifications, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS.
The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the book. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amounts that you may have received from the Buyer. You agree not to list a single book in multiple quantities across various categories on the Website. thestrangerbooks reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same book listed by you in various categories.
All payments made against the purchases/services on Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable in the Republic of India. Website will not facilitate transaction with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Website.
Currently on Cash on Delivery is available as a payment option on thestrangerbooks in case you purchase a book from thestrangerbooks and not a third party seller.
Incase of third party seller,Before shipping / delivering your order to you, Seller may request you to provide supporting documents (including but not limited to Govt. issued ID and address proof) to establish the ownership of the payment instrument used by you for your purchase. This is done in the interest of providing a safe online shopping environment to Our Users.
Further, between buyer and seller:
- Transactions, Transaction Price and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of books and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer and Seller and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer and Seller to facilitate the completion of the Transaction. Useof the payment facility shall not render thestrangerbooks liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, non-provision of after sales or warranty services or fraud as regards the books and /or services listed on thestrangerbooks’s Website.
- You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by thestrangerbooks is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through Cash On Delivery, collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the thestrangerbooks Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, thestrangerbooks is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
Payment Facility for Buyers:
- You, as a Buyer, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Seller to purchase the books and /or services from the Seller using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price to the Seller using Payment Facility.
- You, as a Buyer, may agree with the Seller through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension / increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent. Any such extension / increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation / variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies.
- You, as a Buyer, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate thestrangerbooks Website features immediately upon Delivery or non Delivery within the time period as provided in Policies. Non notification by You of Delivery or non Delivery within the time period specified in the Policies shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction. In case of Cash On Delivery transactions, Buyer is not required to confirm the receipt of books or services.
- You, as a Buyer, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within the stipulated time than this would make You ineligible for a refund.
- You, as a Buyer, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of books and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those books and /or services
- For Cash On Delivery transactions, refunds, if any, will be made via demand draft in favour of the Buyer (As per registration details provided by the Buyer)
- Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees.
- Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to thestrangerbooks in case of any misuse by Buyer.
- Refund shall be subject to Buyer complying with Policies.
- thestrangerbooks reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which thestrangerbooks may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
- thestrangerbooks reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer with thestrangerbooks or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
- thestrangerbooks may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyer’s commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer for security or other reasons at the discretion of thestrangerbooks. As a result of such check if thestrangerbooks is not satisfied with the credibility of the Buyer or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyer’s commitment to pay Transaction Price.
- The Buyer and Seller acknowledge that thestrangerbooks will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of thestrangerbooks.
Compliance with Laws:
- Buyer and Seller shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made thereunder, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and thestrangerbooks Website.
Following books shall not be eligible for return or replacement:
- Damages due to misuse of book;
- Any consumable item which has been used/installed;
- Books with tampered or missing serial/UPC numbers;
- Any damage/defect which are not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
- Any book that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the box, manufacturer’s packaging if any, and all other items originally included with the book/s delivered;
If thestrangerbooks has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its buyers and sellers are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then thestrangerbooks may while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against member may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyer and seller and /or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program.
thestrangerbooks reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a user who, files a invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, thestrangerbooks may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such user and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
thestrangerbooks prohibits the use of language that is racist, hateful, sexual or obscene in nature in a public area.
This policy extends to text within listings, on Seller pages and all other areas of the site that another User may view. If the profane words are part of a title for the item being sold, we allow Sellers to ‘blur’ out the bulk of the offending word with asterisks (i.e., s*** or f***).
Please report any violations of this policy to the correct area for review:
- Report offensive Display Names
- Report offensive language in a listing or otherwise
If a feedback comment; or any communication made between Users on the Website; or email communication between Users in relation to transactions conducted on Website contain profanity, please review Our feedback removal policy and submit a request for action/removal.
Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a User’s account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning.
thestrangerbooks will consider the circumstances of an alleged policy violation and the user’s trading records before taking action.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Limits placed on account privileges;
- Loss of special status;
- Account suspension.
The Replacement Guarantee seeks to assist Buyers who have been defrauded by qualified sellers on the Website. If at the time of delivery and/or within specified days from the date of delivery of the book/s, if any defect is found, then the buyer of the book/s can ask for replacement of the book/s from the seller.
If thestrangerbooks has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its buyers and sellers are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then thestrangerbooks may while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against User may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyer and seller and /or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program.
thestrangerbooks reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files a invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, thestrangerbooks may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that User and any related Users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
For more details related to Replacement Policy, refer to https://www.thestrangerbooks.com
Definition: ‘Return’ is defined as the action of giving back the item purchased by the Buyer to the Seller on the thestrangerbooks website. Thestrangerbooks allows only replacement if replacement copy will be avaiilable in stock
Definition: Replacement is the action or process of replacing something in place of another. A Buyer can request for replacement whenever he is not happy with the book, reason being torned book, missing pages , Book(s) missing, wrong book shipped, etc.
Buyer need to raise the replacement request within 3 days from the date of delivery of books. Once Buyer has raised a replacement request by contacting Us. Once the replacement request has been raised, the following steps shall be followed:
- Buyer is asked for “Reason for Return”. Among others, the following are the leading reasons:
- Book was torn
- Book(s) were missing
- Wrong book sent
- An intimation shall be provided to Seller seeking either “approval” or “rejection” of the replacement request.
In case the Seller doesn’t have the book at all, Seller can provide the refund to the Buyer and Buyer shall be obligated to accept the refund in lieu of replacement. All the book parameters shall be required to be complied with in cases of replacement.
If the Seller doesn’t respond to the Buyer’s replacement request, within three (3) days from the date of replacement request placed by the Buyer, refund shall be processed in favour of Buyer and Seller shall be liable to refund amount paid to the Seller.
Either side courier charges shall be bourne by the Buyer.
If you request us to refund your amount we deduct the shipping cost and rest of the amount we will refund you.
If you want to return the books you to have contact us in 24 hrs From the time of book delivered. After 24 hrs you can replace it yon can’t return it and for replacement the time is 48 hrs from the time of book delivered.
Email Abuse & Threat Policy
Private communication, including email correspondence, is not regulated by thestrangerbooks. thestrangerbooks encourages its Users to be professional, courteous and respectful when communicating by email.
However, thestrangerbooks will investigate and can take action on certain types of unwanted emails that violate thestrangerbooks policies.
Threats of Bodily Harm – thestrangerbooks does not permit Users to send explicit threats of bodily harm.
Misuse of thestrangerbooks System – thestrangerbooks allows Users to facilitate transactions through the thestrangerbooks system, but will investigate any misuse of this service.
Spoof (Fake) email – thestrangerbooks will never ask you to provide sensitive information through email. In case you receive any spoof (fake) email, you are requested to report the same to Us through ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Spam (Unsolicited Commercial email) – thestrangerbooks’s spam policy applies only to unsolicited commercial messages sent by thestrangerbooks Users. thestrangerbooks Users are notallowed to send spam messages to other Users.
Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of thestrangerbooks – thestrangerbooks prohibits email offers to buy or sell listed books outside of the thestrangerbooks Website. Offers of this nature are a potential fraud risk for both Buyers and Sellers.
thestrangerbooks policy prohibits user-to-user threats of physical harm via any method including, phone, email and on Our public message boards.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
- Cancellation of listings
- Loss of special status
thestrangerbooks does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, books, content and services on the Website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third party websites using Website’s APIs or otherwise. In addition, the Website may provide links to the third party websites of Our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, thestrangerbooks assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the books and services offered by them. thestrangerbooks do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). thestrangerbooks does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof.
Shipping Charges :
- NEW BOOKS
- In new books 30 rs will be the delivery charge.
- If the order is Above 1200 delivery is Free.
- OLD BOOKS
- For old books the delivery cost is 60 rs.
Refer and earn contest policy
- Refer and earn when you refer your friends , family or colleague. If they do login from your referral link you will get the referral points.
- You can share your referral link on what’sapp , Facebook , E-mail , Twitter.
- You will get the bonus points when You share the referral link and photos on facebook. for bonus points you have to tag are company or share your facebook post on The Stranger Books Page.
- And even you will get the bonus points when they buy or sell books on our website
- You can use this points to buy books , Recharge or you can use to pay your college fees but for that you have to send e-mail on Support@thestrangerbooks.com to redeem your college fees and fr phone recharge
- As of now we are running a contest where you will get a chance to get your college fees reimbursed by us whoever gets the highest points he will get the chance to win college fees. For this contest the minimum eligibility points is 2000.
- Contest will end on 1 september
Free Books :
- Chance to get free books.
- Get your books delivered on same day otherwise we will give you books in free !
- But for that you have to buy books before 2.30 pm if you order book after 2.30 pm we will deliver your books on next day.
- once you order the books in the expectation of free books. we are not going to take book back from you. you have to buy books
- we will deliver books by 11 pm. if we not deliver books before 11 pm we give you books in free
- If the books is not in stock but you place order through what’s app or from other social media app we will deliver the book but we are not going to give you books in free. for get free books you have to order books from are website only.
- If you request us to give you books in free. but if you are not order books in are terms & condition policy so we are not take books back or give you books in free.
- In case you order books with wrong address or wrong phone number because its against are policy.
- in case we are coming to deliver books and you tell that please deliver books by tomorrow so we are going to give free books.
- this offer will close on 13 september 2020 12 pm afternoon
- we send review invitation on your email id through CR plugins. where you can share your review in just one click.